Saturday, August 20, 2011

Grrrr backing stuff up

Another thing is getting in my way of doing what I _really_ want to do (Dexter): the need to transfer files off my hard drive onto DVD (or other hard drive?). I know DVD is an unpopular choice for doing backups today but it remains a decent strategy for me especially when I am backing up files which other people already have but would still be somewhat painful to recover due to their sheer size.

I've looked for software for Windows that will take an arbitrary directory on my hard drive and optimize the file structure so that it makes the most out of each DVD's space but I've been having a really hard time trying to google for that. There's too much software out there designed to backup DVD movies that gets in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment